Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Job changing

I would like to blog about Japanese labor environment and labor market in this blog.  This topic is related to my research I did in last quarter, but the research is academic and may have nothing to do with our life. Thus, my research is boring for many people. That is why I will try to make my research interesting by using our immediate problem. Before I write about this topic, I will talk about myself.  I am an international student from Japan, and major in economics. I worked as a research assistant under Mr. Hoshi, a professor at IR/PS in UCSD, and researched about the effect of the amendment of dispatched worker low under Koizumi administration on Japanese labor market.


"What is the ideal labor environment for individuals and a society?"

I will explain a characteristic of Japanese labor market, and differences between U.S labor market and Japanese labor market in this week.

What kind of image do you have about “job change”?   Is it a good or bad?
In U.S, workers often change their job in order to improving their career or wage, so it is not unusual that a worker change his job in three years and do a variety of job. On the other hand, the number of people who approved of changing job is few in Japan. So, “job change” is bad in Japan. Generally speaking, Japanese society discriminates a worker who quit last job and seek a new job. Hence, many people get a job after graduating a high school or a university and do not change their job until reaching the mandatory retirement.

There are three reasons…..

No comments:

Post a Comment